Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mount Gambier - City of Lakes, Craters, Sink Holes and Towers


Sink hole, formed when the roof of a cave collapses in then fills with water.
Blue Lake, Mount Gambier.
Leg of Mutton Crater

Centenary Tower.
This tower reminded me so much of St Michael's Church on Glastonbury Tor, even the landscape around it was so similar to Glastonbury. All the lakes around gave it the same ambience of Glastonbury too.
I knew so little about Mount Gambier until we arrived. Always believed it to be a pretty run of the mill city. How wrong I was. It's a grand city, not too large, but so beautiful.
So many natural formations...so unusual.
But...there's always a but...Honey thought there was negative energy around.
We found a nice little caravan park to set up for the night and guess what? It started to rain. That was not all though...the tent would not go up...Honey Pie tried and tried for a full forty five minutes, still no tent to get into...why now? No problems what so ever until now.
In the end I said to him...here are the instructions maybe we'd better look at these.
Which we did, Honey only had to read a few lines before he realised that he was setting up the tent in the wrong order...five minutes later, the tent was up.
That night Mount Gambier had a thunder and lightening storm...unusual for that time of year we were told the next morning.
Also, we have a little ice box we use just to keep our dairy stuff in which we top up each morning and night with a fresh ice pack. The next morning Honey Pie assured me that he'd changed over the thawed-out pack for a new one.
Found out that night that even though he'd taken out the thawed ice pack, he had not replaced it with a fresh one.
I was seriously becoming worried that my Honey Pie was coming down with some serious ailment, namely early onset alzheimer's.
As we drove out of the city , I swear I could feel my head clearing, without every having noticed that it wasn't clear before.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. your episode with the tent reminds me of that useful bit of information:

    When all else fails, read the instructions !

    ReplyDelete