Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Botanicals and BMWs



Bleeding Heart Tree

A beautiful flowering ginger - Cairns Botanical Gardens.


Yesterday, I had a girls only lunch at the Cairns Botanical Gardens. While the food was very nice, the service left something to be desired – we waited for at least an hour for our meals.
I also met the mother of the groom for the first time. In the end it was a relaxing lunch in pleasant surroundings.
So today, my sister kindly took both Andrew and I back to the Gardens for a walk through the beautiful surroundings.
Afterwards, we were due to go to Gordonvale to check out a bed and breakfast for other members of the family also attending the wedding. My sister couldn't find her keys so us three girls and Honey Pie drove to Gordonvale in my niece's convertible BMW. As the car won't take three passengers with the roof up, we drove with the roof down!
You should have seen the astounded assistant at the drive through bottle shop on our way back to town. Two middle aged giggle girts in the back, and one middle aged male sitting in the front passenger seat being driven around by a good looking twenty something female!
A fun day.
Oh, and when we purchased our alcohol, we realised there was no room in the car and had to drive home with it on our laps!
And my sister did find her keys – in my shopping bag!!


Cougars and Sugar Daddy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment