Sunday, July 25, 2010

Play Misty For Me


Barron Falls in the mist.
We left Cairns this morning in the mist, rain and cold.

First stop was Smithfield Shopping Centre to pick up a pair of casual shoes I'd ordered the day before from Earlville. I also spent some time searching for a top to wear to the wedding. The best I could do was to put one on hold at Noni B and order another in a larger size. The store promised to call me on my mobile once the larger size had arrived and then I could chose from the two. So fingers crossed.
After a quick lunch at the shopping centre we pointed the car towards Kuranda.
Muddy, wet and misty Kuranda.
By the time we arrived there most of the shops were closed so we made our way to Barron Falls Lookout to view the falls in the mist. Also did a short walk to the Railway Station (very expensive to travel on this line!) and up the street. 
We Found ourselves a caravan park on the other side of town and decided to stay in a cabin after a bit of a debate. The cabin was affordable but the room was very musty. The receptionist suggested we spray the room with freshener (I had my own anyway) but I knew that would only be a short term solution. In the end I left Andrew to make the decision and guess what ?  We stayed in the cabin.
 Camping would have been near impossible anyway because the camp ground was boggy, saturated from two weeks of constant rain. One camper van had already become bogged so in some ways we had no other choice.
I sprayed the room but in a short time I had to do it again....


A little Irish Pub in Kuranda.

Pitcher Plants or Dutchman's Pipes growing on Kuranda Station.


Tools and various implements embedded into the footpath at Kuranda.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment