Thursday, July 29, 2010

Loves Me Like a Rock

Both Honey Pie and I loved the guided tour of the Donna Cave at Chillagoe-Mungana Caves National Park.
Our tour guide, Fred, was very informative, knowledgeable, patient and friendly.  Our group was in the cave for around one hour.  This is certainly not a cave that can be explored without a guide.
What fascinated me most was the concept of false floors on which we actually walked.  False floors are a bit like mezzanine levels and I couldn't help wondering about how strong they are and how much weight they could take.  But after holding a piece of stalactite and feeling how heavy it is, well, perhaps a false floor is pretty strong?  I just had to trust Fred!

Look at the shadow, can you see the outline of the Madonna?  This is why this particular cave is called The Donna Cave.

Here is a beautiful example of a 'curtain', also in The Donna Cave.

This is a pathetic photograph of me but every time I see it I laugh.  I can't help thinking of the Lord of The Rings movie and the Hobbits.  Is this how humans are made to look small using trick photography?  Ha ha!

"Hang on, I can't leave yet, this rock needs me right now!!!!"
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment